Thursday, July 14, 2011

Taco Soup and Flowers

Nice heading huh? I can't think of anything other then what this post is about. Maybe lack of sleep is really getting to me.

I got this yummy recipe from a lady years ago. I would credit it to her, but I don't know who she is or where she got it from.

Taco Soup

1 lb cooked shredded chicken OR hamburger meat
1 chopped onion
1 can red kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can white corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 diced tomato
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can chicken or beef broth (use the broth with whichever meat you are using)
1 pkt taco seasoning (1/4c)
1 pkt Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (1/4c)

I rinse the beans and then throw everything into a crock pot. I keep it on low for an hour or 2. You can also just put everything in a big pot and boil. Instead of using canned corn I use frozen though.

My kids LOVE this, even my 10 month old! We also add cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips, yummy!! This is quick to throw everything together for a laid back meal.

 Are you growing a garden? We are growing a couple of things. Veggies and flowers! This is a photo of our peony, isn't it gorgeous! It just gets better daily! We have little broccoli florets growing. It's so cool to see something that we are growing our self!

No comments:

Post a Comment