Saturday, July 21, 2012

Guest Post- Brandy from Alaska Fit Mommies

 
Today, Brandy from Alaska Fit Mommies, is doing a guest post! She has been able to take her love for her kids and fitness and turn it into a business. Be sure to visit her on her blog at Alaska Fit Mommies and like her facebook page! Take it away Brandy!

"Fitness is becoming more popular and exciting as we continue to reap the long life benefits of being fit and healthy.  Getting in your workout, no longer means sweaty gyms or the same old boring routines.  Have you checked out all the different fitness styles lately?  Just to mention a few:  cross fit, tabata, zumba, yoga,  running clubs, at home videos, gym memberships, beach body, body rocking, kettle bells and my favorite ~ stroller fitness.  All of these programs are amazing in their own way, loved by many, get results, and some targeting specific audiences. 

As the owner and founder of Alaska Fit Mommies, I can say with confidence that I have found my style of fitness.  My love for fitness didn’t start until after my first daughter was born and I was hooked during my first stroller fitness class.  I was unaware of all the awesome benefits of working out with a group of moms who have their kids’ right beside them.  It didn’t take me long to fall in love.  As a mother, it’s important to be a positive role model, make healthy eating choices, socialize with other moms, and incorporate strength, cardio, core and flexibility into your workouts while keeping it fun.

Stroller fitness targets all the main muscle groups with a variance in exercises moves.  Many exercises are compound movements and who doesn’t want to get the most of your workout?  All exercises can be modified to fit every fitness level and our kids are having fun while learning some very basic moves that are beneficial to them.  For example, the other day I was doing dishes and my 3.5 year old daughter, Hannah, began doing single leg squats, step ups, pushups, dips and jump squats on our stairs.  This certainly was not the first time she began doing exercises out of nowhere, but it just confirms to me that I am making the right choice in my fitness style and showing them that fitness can be fun.  My 15 month old is already doing frog jumps, yes; you can call me a very proud mommy!

Being fit and healthy is a lifestyle I choose to live and it takes hard work and dedication.  I do enjoy getting my workout in other ways but stroller fitness is my style and it’s well rounded so I am able to foster the benefits it gives me mentally, physically and emotionally.   I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try a new style of fitness and make sure you are benefiting in all areas that are important to you.  Choosing to be a fit and healthy person can be fun, I promise!  I think Chalene Johnson states it well, “Just like finding your love soul mate is rewarding, discovering your workout soul mate changes your perspective on taking care of yourself.”

Thanks Brandy! Be sure to come back and visit to read more guest posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment